The Republicans are set to vote into law today the gutting of mental health services enacted under the Affordable Care Act while President Obama was in office.
The Republicans are set to roll back progress by eliminating mental health treatment and charging higher premiums for fewer kinds of mental health service.
The Republicans are set to deny mental health constituents coverage for addiction treatment.
It will become illegal to have an abortion. Yet when your fetus turns 18 and develops schizophrenia or another mental illness or a drug addiction there will now be no treatment available for them. Write your elected officials and thank them for this.
Makes sense right? Makes sense to have voted into power the people who are voting today to eliminate funding for mental health services for the very people who need it.
Cue the sarcasm. Is there an emoji for sarcasm? You know where I stand.
If you live in New York State here are the telephone numbers of the elected officials you can call to tell them to vote NO for the MacArthur Amendment that denies citizens treatment for mental health.
- The American Health Care Act would leave millions of Americans without mental health coverage and strip Medicaid funding.
- The recently-introduced “MacArthur Amendment” would let states get waivers allowing health insurance plans to not cover mental health and substance use treatment and charge people with mental illness more.
- It’s outrageous to even suggest that mental health coverage is optional and to charge people more because they have a mental health condition.
- Medicaid coverage is also under threat. It covers important mental health services that help people with mental illness get better and stay better.
- Please tell Representative_______ to keep what works for mental health and REJECT the American Health Care Act and the MacArthur Amendment. Thank you.
I telephoned my guy in Washington. The line was busy. I’ll call again to try to get through.
I’m posting this same blog entry in the Flourish blog.